Present: Tom Mullooly, Jack Kirnan, Lisa Cole, Connie Duffy, Monsignor Arnister, Roman Hnat, Kathleen Martin, Michael Callahan, Ed Bonnano, Mary Jo Capco, Pam King, Maryann Trez,
Excused: Fr. Damian, Fr. Dean Gaudio, Monsignor Flynn, Deacon John Wedemeyer, Stanley Ciemniecki, Connie Mertens, Janice Cunningham, Jim Parry, Gary Engelstad, Maria Valdez-Tamayo, Jessica Jarmer, Bob Shafer, Cindy Wagner, Kathleen Bellezza
Roll Call: The meeting was called to order at 7:05pm.
Opening Prayer: Our group opened the meeting with a prayer.
Discussion and Review of Agenda Items for the Meeting:
- Tom reviewed our plans for the Mass at the Gazebo on September 8th at 10am and referenced a spreadsheet detailing our progress to date.
- Dawn from St. Mark’s will organize the music and prayers for the program. Tom will be reaching out to the respective Music Directors to schedule a meeting. We will also ask the Pastors of St Denis and Holy Innocents if they would like to participate in the event.
- Lisa Cole will lay out the Program for the Mass using Publisher and John Patrick has offered to publish the Program for $650 which assumes 1,000 copies for a likely 16 page document. The sales representative from John Patrick will be reaching out to a list of advertisers to see if they would like to participate in the Program. Lisa also prepared a Flyer for the Gazebo event to include as an insert to our parish bulletins. We will also advertise the event through the Coast Star, The Monitor, Catholic radio, all parish social media, bulletins, and websites, as well as the gatheredasone website. Mike Callahan has offered to reach out to Bob Dougherty of St. Catharine School and Mr. Gaudio of St. Rose Grammar School.
- Monsignor Arnister mentioned that the A&S sound company will be doing the sound system for the event. We will also use the Banner from the 2017 Mass and Jersey Shore Florist will supply the flowers again. We have also secured a truck to move the furniture for the event with students from St. Rose High School to help with setup hopefully on the Saturday night before the event. Volunteer groups like Holy Name and Mens Cornerstone can help as well. 4 tents will be set up at different locations and be used as staging for Holy Communion.
- We will also set up an at will collection at the end of the Mass. The St. Rose HS gym will be used as a backup location. We still need to get a better idea as to how many co celebrants we will have for the Mass as that will also determine how many Eucharistic ministers we will need. The 1st reading will be in English and the second reading will be in Spanish. We can Livestream the Mass and place a link on the gatheredasone website.
- We reviewed the Diocesan Planning Commission’s response to our Cohort 19 Progress report. It was a favorable review and they have suggested that we develop a plan and sub committee to support our Center for Hispanic Ministry and our goal will be to get 3-4 Cohort members to assist Maria and help develop specific action steps for the next year. We were also encouraged to expand our collaboration on Mass schedules, Confession times, consider potential ways we could share our facilities, and to reach out to Holy Innocents Parish with an invitation to join Cohort 19. Tom will be reaching our to Fr. Todd Carter of Holy Innocents and invite him to our next meeting on August 13th as well as the Mass at the Gazebo on September 8th.
- Janice Cunningham has been in touch with Fr. Kevin O’Neill of St Alfonso Retreat House and they are working on potential dates for a Lenten Mission to be held in March 2020.
- Pilgrimage Walk— Maryann Trez handed out a map of what it would the Pilgrimage Walk look like and referenced the insert that was included in the parish bulletins at St. Rose and St. Margaret-St. Catharine. We are still at the planning stage of this potential event with meetings scheduled for July 30th to brainstorm ideas as to when to hold such an event. We also need to circle back to St. Teresa as there has been a lack of response to recent email communications. We should also consider developing a Master Calendar for Cohort 19 that would list all events across the 4 parish community. Maryann will update us after the meeting on July 30th.
- Youth Updates — Kathleen Bellezza of St. Teresa provided a handout to update everyone on various activities occurring across the Cohort including Vacation Bible School, the Children’s Rosary Prayer Group, the High School Youth Group, Altar Servers and Youth Readers, Confirmation Students and 7th Grade Students, and the St. Catharine-St. Margaret Ignite group at St Catharine.
- Silo Busting — Connie Duffy would like to find a date during the 4th quarter to hold separate meetings for the Pastoral and Finance Councils. We will also extend the invitation to Holy Innocents and St Denis. Ed Bonnano would like to have the Pastoral and Finance Councils consider doing something that supports Catholic education like the example of adopting a schoolchild program that Kathleen Martin referenced during the meeting. Tom will put this issue on the agenda for the August 13th meeting.
- Hispanic Ministry — Connie Duffy and Jim O’Brien from St. Mark’s Parish met with Fr. Jose and Diana Zuna Perez who runs all Spanish activities at St. Mark’s. When CCD starts at 2:30pm Sundays, parents are just sitting there and expressed the need for things to do. Examples of topics that would be helpful include immigration, good parenting skills, nutrition, exercise classes, etc. Preference would be for someone to present on any of these topics who is bilingual. Other needs include transportation, hiring a full-time social worker, health care issues, and dental care.
- We will place a color-coded grid of all parish ministries within Cohort 19 on the gatherdasone.com website. Jack Kirnan will continue to post Cohort 19 updates in the respective parish bulletins.
- Our next meeting will be held on August 13th at St Rose Parish Center, 7pm
- The meeting adjourned at 8:10pm following our closing prayer.